Thats not skating...........its falling with style

Hey im Beth,im 18 and studying theology in the ghetto of roehampton(innit blood), This blog is just my thoughts on life, love, my bloke, my monkey and my skateboard

Thursday, July 27, 2006


So its 10am and just been woken by a ringing phone, why would people ring at such an early hour of the morning? now on holidays i really have nothing to do so the average time for getting up is around 1 in the afternoon! So here i am blogging, sorry its been such a long time but i'm now here to fill you in about whats been happening.
My exams are all finished and now just waiting for the results which are out on the 17th august, for me this is just as scary than doing the actual exam. Then came the leaving of New Hall and being New Hall they can't just have one goodbye doo you get a weeks worth finishing with a day of celebration which i'd like to add i've now soloed infront of Ann Widdecombe MP and His Eminence Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor (if you don't no who he is, he's one bloke down from the pope!)
I then got the privilage to work on a childrens camp. The camp was for very disadvantaged children. Every member of staff was given a child of look after and you had to provide them with 24/7 care. This was something i had never even come close to doing and i was clueless on the matter and my nerves wasn't stilled when i found out all the rules and regulations that came when looking after a child, what happened if i forgot one?
i feel with my child i was pushed in at the deepend, She had many health and social problems and had been seriously abused and neglected from birth. This meant i had to do everything for her including carrying her around everywhere because her legs were not strong enough as she was only fed once a day.
During the week we formed a very close bond and one of the hardest things i had to do was to hand her back over to the parents, having being warned not to cry i wore the biggest sunglasses which hid the tears.
That week i learnt many lessons and things about myself, i am now grateful about where i come from and the family i was raised into. I am less proud as all dignity was lost carrying around nappybags as Marantha was accident prone and that i really want to work more with children now and in the future.
Yesterday i went to the motor show with my mum and dad, seriously for me it was like walking around a car park i didnt get the fasination but i did book some driving lessons on the plus. Then in the evening i went to see Katherine Jenkins with my friend Steph and i sat next to the rudest man alive, who screamed and swore at me and said he would have me thrown out for talking while the concert was on, seriously the orchestra had just started tuning, some people!
So now we are back to the present, now 10.30 and contemplating going back to bed. Tonight i am going to see the Friday Night Project ironic seeing it is a Thursday! so make sure you watch it tommorow to see if you can spot me!


Me and Marantha


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At last you've got around to carrying on with our blog - about time too! Will watch FNP 2nite even though it is on Channel4.

12:54 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watched about 30 mins of FNP but turned it off as it was far too crude for my liking. Hope you weren't enjoying it too much - poor sensitive soul that you are!!

11:21 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home